Questions You Need to Ask Your Web Designer BEFORE Signing a Contract
1) Do you use a mobile-first design process? Internet users perform over 60% of their online searches on mobile devices, which means a mobile-friendly website is no longer a luxury; it is a necessity. Your new site should look great on any device, so your visitors can quickly browse your website, read articles, make purchases, or contact you. Ask them to show live examples of their designs on smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers.
2) Will my site load fast? Ask if they can show you examples of how their designs perform on the Google PageSpeed Insights and Pingdom Tools website speed tests. A fast-loading site is crucial, especially for WordPress sites, which will often load very slowly on shared hosting accounts if they are not well designed and optimized for speed. In our experience, most website designers either completely ignore this critical step or don’t know how to create fast-loading sites.
3) Will my site be search engine optimized? If your site
4) Will I be able to manage my site? If you want your designer to maintain your website for you, you may not need to ask this question. However, if you’re going to manage your site in-house, this is a question you need to ask your designer. You should also ask them to give you a demonstration, so you can decide for yourself if you will be capable of managing your new site on the platform they used to build it, using the tools they have included with the design of your site. You should also ask them if they provide free training for their new clients, and if not how much it will cost.
5) Will you integrate social media links into my site design? Social media is an excellent way for you to promote your brand, attract new customers, generate leads, and advertise your products or services. Well-placed and attractive social media links will allow visitors to your site to share pages, follow you, or “like” your site on Facebook. Your web designer should be able to integrate social media links into your site and explain how to create accounts on sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Yelp.
If Your Question is Not Answered Below, Visit Our Office Today
We have been building websites for over 20 years, so you know we will be here when you need us. If you want to speak with someone by phone, you may call us during regular business hours. For your convenience, we also offer Zoom meetings.
1) We use a mobile-first design process for every site, ensuring our clients’ websites look great on any device. Although we take great care to ensure our designs look pixel-perfect on any device, we spend a lot of time testing each design on mobile devices.
2) Visit our WordPress Speed Optimization page to view examples of sites we have optimized to load fast. For example, the home page of this website typically loads in one second or less, which is very fast for a page with many images and advanced features.
3) My Island Designs uses local SEO best practices to help our clients’ sites rank well on major search engines. In addition to building SEO-friendly sites, we also provide our clients with the information they need to make their sites rank higher on major search engines.
4) Our lead designer has over twenty years of website design experience. He highly recommends WordPress to our clients because it is a flexible, robust content management system that allows them to manage their websites easily.
5) Integration of social media links into our clients’ sites is accomplished using coding, CSS, plugins, and social media-friendly themes. Providing
My Island Designs includes all of these features and much more with every website we design at no extra cost. We also offer training and support to help you learn how to manage your WordPress website, which can save you a lot of money.
Please Note: The features listed below do not necessarily represent all of the services we offer and may or may not be applicable depending on the type of website design project. To help you get started on the right track, we provide every new client with a free website design consultation to help them determine their needs and discuss how we can meet them.
Conversion Rate Optimization
You want your visitors to do something on your website, such as contact you, fill out a form or purchase a product. When you order our conversion rate optimization service, we run A/B split tests to determine what elements of your site encourage more people to contact you, fill out your forms or purchase your products. We can include the ability to run A/B split tests with any of our WordPress website designs, be sure to ask for this feature during your free consultation.
Search Engine Optimization
We pay close attention to SEO while developing all of our websites. Your site will not only look great, but it will also have the potential to rank well in Google and Bing searches. Our designs incorporate proven SEO best practices and easy-to-use features to help you manage SEO in-house. However, on-site SEO is only one of many factors the search engines use to determine your ranking. Other factors such as regular updates, great content, and the number of high-quality sites linking to you will also play a role in your rankings.
Responsive, Mobile-Friendly Websites
Our designs are fully responsive, so they look great on any device. When we create a website, mobile devices are not an after-thought. Our designers use mobile-first design practices to ensure an exceptional user experience for visitors using smartphones, tablets, laptops, or desktops.
Clean and Modern Designs
A clean and minimal design will help focus a visitor’s attention on your products or services, not useless design elements. Our designers use modern design techniques to create websites that are bold, yet simple, clean and yet colorful. People are visual by nature, so we recommend using large images and videos to get their attention and large text because it is much easier to read. The goal of any design should be to draw attention to primary elements such as contact buttons, forms or products.
Drag & Drop Page Builder Option
Saving you time and money is one of our top priorities. We design WordPress websites that allow you to create page layouts using a drag-and-drop builder, save those layouts and use them again on new pages or even on other sites you own. Create, save and reuse an unlimited number of layouts for your pages and websites.
Saving your layouts is excellent, but why stop there? You can also save individual elements or sections of a page to your library and use them to create new pages, saving you a lot of time and helping make your designs more consistent. You will not believe how much faster and easier it is to add pages to your site, and your visitors will surely love your pages’ professional design.
Front-End Visual Page Builder
We have just added a new visual page builder to our designs, and it is fantastic. Even if you have never edited a single web page in your life, you will find it easy to edit your pages using the visual page builder. Using the visual page builder you make edits to your site visually, so you can see every change you make in real time. You can edit text, add pictures, insert rows, columns, and sections in seconds. There are over 40 easily customized modules available in the page builder that do not require you to write a single line of code.
Update: Every module now includes a help link. Click on the help link within any module, and you will have access to video tutorials that will explain all of the features and settings of that module. Learning how to add fantastic new features to your website has never been easier. Watch the video tutorials associated with the content module for the feature you want to add to the page and you will be adding new features like a pro, no coding required.
Easily Add Content to Your Pages Using Modules
There are currently over 40 content modules to choose from that make creating unique layouts for your pages and posts easy. Instead of designing your page and post layouts from scratch, you can start with one of the default layouts and customize it to make it your own. Choose from layouts such as home, landing page, about us, and contact us.
There are also many great layouts to choose from that make creating new pages a breeze, and you can save your layouts too and use them again on new pages to ensure your site has a consistent look and feel.
WooCommerce Shopping Cart Support
Built-in WooCommerce shopping cart integration means you can create an online store that allows you to sell your products or services online. The ordering and checkout processes are very intuitive, so your customers will have no problem ordering from your site.
Advanced Theme Panel and Dashboard
Your site will include an intuitive dashboard so you can update your site, add new functionality and change just about anything within the dashboard without writing a single line of code. Change your site colors, heading and body text sizes, menus, container widths, and much more!
Your Site Can Grow With Your Business
Our lead designer recommends WordPress because adding new functionality to a website is easy, allowing your website to grow with your business. The creators of WordPress designed it to be flexible by making it possible for plugins created by third parties to be installed on a WordPress site. Thousands of great plugins allow you to add new functions to your website, such as a shopping cart, newsletter, slider, or contact form. Many of these plugins are free, while others are available for a fee.
In 2022, having a professionally designed website is more important than ever. We know how much you love your business, and we are ready to help you succeed.